Monday, May 11, 2009

ABOUT LMRPO










who you are and where you're from?

My name is Lamar Michael Reynolds abbreviated L.M.R hence Lmrpro. I was born in Brooklyn, New York but spent all of my childhood prior to college in Jamaica the Island not Jamaica Queens. The longest period of time I have spent In New York my place of birth has been since August 07 to present.

How did you get into making music, and when did you take it serious?

I first started of Mixing music (DJ) after acquiring the Virtual DJ program in high school I think it was about the 9th grade. I use to make mix compilations and sell them back in high school and it soon became something that i was known for. A friend of mine introduced me To FL studio in the 10 th grade I believe and I fell in love with it ever since. He didn't teach me how to use it but after constantly messing with it I began to understand it upon til the point where my knowledge of the program surpassed his. Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody and so I had connects in the reggae music industry without having any real major accomplishments or material. The moment I decided to take music seriously was when I made my first instrumental that I was proud of which I named dynamic(A beat that I lost when my laptop crashed). I was hyped and couldn't wait to get the artist(s) recorded on the instrumental but when I started to research the price for studio time I realized that it was way out of my price range and I was paying for a service that the individuals weren't educated in or about. That's when I decided to take an engineering course(IAR) to further my knowledge and get the job done myself. I was doing music for the love of it and not for the money so I knew that my dream would be fulfilled in the long run.

Have you worked with any names we might recognize?

The only famous or signed artists in hip hop that I have worked with to date has been Team Blackout. My biggest accomplishment on the reggae side has been producing A track for german sensation "Gentleman" album Diversity. I have worked with and produced for alot of Dancehall and reggae veterans such as Spragga Benz, Delly Ranx and Mad Cobra.

What producers/composers do you draw inspiration from?

I draw inspiration mainly from people who I have met and worked with. Friends striving to meet the same goal as me. Those are the people who inspire me. Anyone who has been through a similar struggle as myself, Striving to achieve success and aiming towards being the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MY FALLEN SOLDIER

MY FALLEN SOLDIER
CARLTON KYMANI GRANT SLEEP WITH ANGELS BRO